We are looking to recognise and reward artists who create exceptional music videos that celebrate the beauty of nature and our connection to it.
Please apply if you have written a song that:
- References nature or an environmental issue in its lyrics or the visual content of its music video.
- Inspires us to protect the environment with a message of hope or a call-to-action.
- Is an original work released in the last 5 years (2017-2021), or that will be released in January if Shortlisted.
- Is submitted in video format (1-5 minutes in length). This can be a music video, a video recording of a live performance with high quality sound and image, an audio recording with a static cover image.
- Is submitted by an artist that is Australian citizen or resident. We aim to make the prize global in subsequent rounds, so if you’re a talented international artist, please sign up for updates to keep informed.
f you have questions, please refer to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) before contacting us.
HOW TO ENTER
Submission Period: Wednesday 3rd November 2021 – Friday 7th January 2022
Complete the online application form.
You will be asked to provide:
- The link to your video hosted on Youtube (or private link and password).
- Information that will be shared if your video is one of the 10 shortlisted: a short bio, why you’ve written the song or care about this issue, a digital photo.
- Background information about the environmental issues that matter to you and your desire to use your voice and collaborate with Impact Partners (this will not be used to judge your entry, but it helps us understand who you are).
- A letter of authority from your parent or guardian if you are under 18.
Please review the TERMS & CONDITIONS before entering. It is a condition of entry that you accept these.
Edwina Floch – Founder, Environmental Music Prize
Berish Bilander – CEO, Green Music Australia
David Ritter – CEO, Greenpeace Australia Pacific
Tim Silverwood – Co-Founder, Ocean Impact Organisation
Young Wilderness Defender from The Wilderness Society
Milly Petriella – Director Member Relations APRA AMCOS
November 3 2021 – Entries Open
Industry launch in the APRA AMCOS newsletter during the UN Climate Summit. The Prize is a call-to-action for artists to use their talents to inspire and accelerate change.
January 7 2022 – Entries Close
January 2022 – Shortlisting
A Committee of Environmental Leaders and Music Lovers will select a diverse range of artists and styles for the Top 10 Finalists.
February 2022 – Voting Open
The public will be invited to vote on the song that resonates most for them.
March 2022 – The ‘People Choice’ is awarded $20,000 in prize money
March – December 2022
Post-award activation through events, media, Green Music Australia and Impact Partners.
Please note the organisers reserve the right to modify this.
WHY SHOULD TALENTED ARTISTS APPLY?
This is is more than a prize, it’s an ecosystem.
The Network Effect
By acting together, we are stronger than when we act alone.
One Voice for Climate and Conservation
We’ll share a common message around the need to reconnect with nature and value the environment. Most participating artists are also signing Green Music Australia’s Climate Declaration to ensure coordinated messaging and impact.
Exposure to New Audiences for Your Song and Your Story
Our Media and Impact Partners will be sharing the Shortlisted Songs inviting their audiences to vote and sharing the stories and the artists behind these environmentally engaging masterpieces in their newsletters, social media and across platforms. (Greenpeace alone has an audience of 1.2 million people in Australia)
Shining Light on Emerging Talent
Some incredible artists have already applied and their participation will bring recognition to other deserving talents who are creating music that matters.